Medications to Avoid if you take Type 2 Diabetes and Weight Loss medications:
For Ozempic, Mounjaro, Wegovy, Trulicity or Bydureon BCise weekly:
- Hold this dose 1 week prior to your scheduled procedure.
For Adlyxin, Byetta, Rybelsus, Saxenda, or Victoza daily:
- Hold this dose on the day of your scheduled procedure.
If you take any of the above medications for Diabetes, please contact your physician and make them aware of our request for you to stop this medication prior to your procedure. They should advise you if you need to replace this medication with another diabetic medication.
Here is a list of the available GLP-1 available on the market generic name listed with commercial name in parenthesis:
- Dulaglutide (Trulicity)
- Exenatide (Byetta)
- Exenatide Extended Release (Bydureon BCise)
- Liraglutide (Victoza) (Saxenda)
- Lixisenatide (Adlyxin)
- Semaglutide subcutaneous, tablet (Ozempic, Rybelsus, Wegovy)
- Tirzepatide (Mounjaro)