Once your procedure is scheduled, please click on the Simple Admit box at the top of the page to start your patient registration.
A Nurse will contact you prior to your appointment to confirm your time of arrival and to review the following instructions with you:
- You will be contacted by one of our Nurses 24-72 hours prior to your procedure. If you miss our call, please call The Stone Center at 862-235-1987.
- Please review MEDICATIONS TO AVOID under the FOR PATIENTS link prior to your procedure. In addition to medications, there are herbals and vitamin supplements that need review by patient.
- The night before your procedure do not drink or eat anything after midnight including water, gum and hard candy.
- On the morning of your procedure, please take cardiac medications and/or antibiotics with a small sip of water.
- Arrange for an adult to come with you and drive you home following discharge. Expect to be at The Stone Center for 3-4 hours.
- Plan to have an adult with you at home for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Leave all valuables and jewelry at home, with the exception of your health insurance card(s) and one form of picture identification.
- You will not be able to drive or operate any hazardous machinery for 24 hours.
- On the day of your procedure wear comfortable clothing. Your personal belongings will be stored for you in a locker. A gown, robe and slipper socks will be provided.
- If a change in your physical condition develops prior to your procedure or if you develop a cold, persistent cough, rash, fever or pain, or travelled outside of the Country, notify your Urologist or The Stone Center before coming.
- Please “Opt into Texting” from The Stone Center. This is for sixty days only which provides us the opportunity to contact you post procedure for follow up information.
Upon arrival you will meet the Patient Representative who will admit you. Your Nurse will meet with you to review your procedure and answer any questions you may have. Discharge instructions will be reviewed with you and the adult who accompanies you. You will also meet with your Anesthesiologist who will discuss anesthetic options. Your Urologist will be at The Stone Center to perform your procedure.