Please review the following list of medications prior to your procedure at The Stone Center of New Jersey. You should discontinue use of these medications according to the minimum time requirement outlined below. If you have a question about any other medications, please call The Stone Center at 862-235- 1983.
If you are taking Coumadin, Lovenox, Fragmin or Arixtra please contact your prescribing Physician immediately and make him/her aware of our request to discontinue this medication prior to your scheduled procedure.
Discontinue 10 Days prior to treatment
Discontinue 7 Days prior to treatment
- Aspirin (All brands, including Baby Aspirin)
- All Aspirin containing medications
- All forms of Aspirin (Buffered, Enteric Coated, Regular etc.)
- Herbal Remedies (including Flax Seed Oil/Flax Seed/Krill /Astaxanthin/Omega 3/Fish/Cod Salmon/Liver Oil, etc.)*** and over the counter supplements.
- Doans Pills**
Discontinue 4 Days prior to treatment
- Naproxen* (Aleve, Anaprox, Naprosyn,
Discontinue 3 Days prior to treatment
Discontinue 2 Days prior to treatment
- Flector Patch
- Ibuprofen* (Advil, Motrin, Nuprin)
- Ketorolac (Toradol)
- Midol Cramp
- Pennsaid Solution
- Solaraze Gel
- Voltaren Gel
* These are the most commonly ingested medications.
** Discuss with your physician as to whether these medications should or should not be discontinued.
*** Over the counter herbal medications.